What’s the Point in Business Networking?
With successful business networking, you need to consider and on-line (internet based) and off-line strategy. If you want to be found, you need to develop & control your personal profile. The best online location for business professionals has to be LinkedIn and the best off-line method is local/regional networking groups such as Pathway2Grow.
10 Reasons why business people attend business networking events:
• Many business people like meeting new people!
• Most business contacts look for business from a business group/network.
• Knowledgeable business people recognise the need for business networking.
• Small business networking provides added value benefits.
• The associated low costs of joining a business network are economically attractive.
• Many business owners like pitching their services and products to other business
contacts and likewise buying from a referred source.
• Most business contacts see the benefits of attending a contact network event that has 25 + people.
• Many business contacts thrive and exploit the group's business contact opportunities.
• Many business people recognise a face to face meeting is better form of forming a business relationship.
• Most business owners consider attending business networks a good investment in time and recommend this to others!
Recent published figures revealed that business networking accounted for 79% of all new business sales.
7 Reasons Why Business People Don’t Network
Many business owners are procrastinators & ‘foot-draggers’ when it comes to business networking because:
- No perceived need and No desire to join.
- Many consider there are a lot of costs and therefore its restrictive.
- Many are put off because of the inconvenience of travelling to a venue.
- Many have a fear of pitching their services to others.
- Most feel attending an event with 25 business people only allows you to speak to 4 or 5 others.
- Many exhaust the groups business opportunities quickly and become bored.
- Most perceive it to be an time consuming endeavour with no reward.